Sunday, January 12, 2014

I'm Back!

Whew!  When I first sat down to start blogging about my teaching adventures I really thought it was going to be something fun and easy to do in my spare time.  Now when I think back to how naïve I was, I giggle.  See, I have a two year old a 4 year old.  What is spare time?  I'm not real sure.  I made a decision a while ago that my girls needed to be my first priority.  I didn't want to be that teacher that spends her home time doing school stuff.  I put blogging and creating for TPT on the back burner. Sure, the little bit of extra cash every month was nice, but not at the expense of my daughters and our relationship. I made the effort to not bring school work home with me and for the most part, I have been able to stick to that pledge.  I am really lucky that at our school we get quite a bit of prep time and I have started using my prep much more wisely.  I am constantly going at school so when I get home I can give my attention to my girls.  Here is what I was doing, when I wasn't blogging!
 

We went to the Apple Orchard and we went camping!  Natalie got to go "surfing"!

 
We went to the Pumpkin Patch!
 
 
 
My youngest daughter turned two, we got A LOT of snow, and enjoyed being outside to play in it!
 
On New Year's Eve, my oldest daughter got to be the flower girl in our good friends wedding.  Not only did she do a great job walking  down the aisle, she amazed me the entire day.  She was well behaved, charming, and absolutely beautiful.  I am so thankful she had the opportunity to be a flower girl.  I'm pretty sure she will never forget the day!

My goal for 2014 is to continue to spend as much time as I can with my girls, but I also want to blog more again.  I didn't realize how much I missed it until I stumbled across some plans I had for blogging.  My goal is going to be to blog two times a month.  Fingers crossed, that isn't biting off more than I can chew!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment