Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Patriot's Day

September 11th is always a difficult thing for me to talk about in the classroom.  I never know how much information to give the kids and what their parents really want them to know.  Today I basically gave them the large very brief overview.  We then talked a little bit about heroes.  I quickly realized that these kids had no idea what a real hero was.  All they knew was Batman, Spiderman, Superman etc.  I explained to them how firefighters and policemen and EMT's were heroes that day.  We made a venn diagram or super heroes verse real heroes.  It was fun to hear the kids talk about some real heroes they had in their own lives.  After that discussion we talked about why America is a great place to live.  We made the hearts below!
I found it here on TeachersPayTeachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment