Friday, January 18, 2013

Books I LOVE!

I have decided to dedicate Fridays to books that I LOVE to use in my classroom.  Today I am going to talk about a little girl named Lulu.  Lulu and the Brontosaurus by Judith Viorst is probably the best childrens book I have ever read.  The story is about a little girl who is very stubborn and strong-willed.  She ALWAYS gets what she wants and she decided she wanted a brontosaurus for her birthday.  Obviously her parents said no and Lulu (written like Lulu herself wrote the story) tells an amazing tale of what happens next.  My first graders loved this book and they all take turns checking it out from our school library.   The kids thought it was fantastic that there is a chapter 8 1/2.  I think it is fantastic for teaching voice.  Check out the book on Amazon!  You can even read some excerpts from the book.  What books do your students love to read?

Lulu and the Brontosaurus
(click on the book to be taken to Amazon.com)
 
I am home with a sick kiddo today so I decided to make a new fact family math game for my students to use next week at centers.  Check it out on TPT, it is on sale until Monday!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment