Monday, June 17, 2013

Whole Brain Teaching

Holy cow, it is hard to believe that June is already halfway over.  Why oh why does summer have to go by so fast?  So far this summer I have spent A LOT of time outside with my girls.  They are fish and would spend all day, everyday in the pool. 
 

Over the past year, thanks in large part to pinterest, I have heard and seen a lot about whole brain teaching.  The little bits and pieces that I saw intrigued me and I want to learn and know more.  I love trying new things in the classroom and I am really stoked to try this out next year.  I got the book Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids by Chris Biffle.  I find it interesting that the little things they are suggesting you add to your routine can make such a big difference in motivating children and getting them to be productive.  I have to say, I am a bit skeptical as the author claims that this has been tested and worked in grades k-college.  I am not too far removed from college and I don't think that I would have bought in to this system.  But, I think it is perfect for elementary, especially first grade. 
 
Banner
 
Here is a seven minute video to show whole brain teaching in action.  A-MAZING!
 
I love how organized this teacher is.  She has everything planned out and ready to go and the kids are so focused. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment